For the ultimate in sunless tanning we recommend having one of our highly trained airbrush technicians custom airbrush your body with one of our custom made organic-based sunless tanning solutions for a beautiful golden brown sunless tan. Our technicians will custom mix the sunless spray based upon your skin type and individual needs. At NY Sun Club, our technicians are the best in the business, and can accomodate uneven skin texture, dry skin challenges and can tailor your shade for your liking!
The entire process takes only 10-15 minutes, and whether you want your entire body airbrushed or just certain parts such as legs, this is the ultimate in sunless tanning. For even more spectacular results we recommend a Cocktail Tan which combines a tanning session in one of our High Quality European Tanning machines immediately followed by an Airbrush Tan on the same visit.
Preparing for a Sunless Application
- Exfoliate your skin at least 8 hours before your sunless session to smooth skin for even tanning results. Spend a little extra time on knees, elbows, feet, and hands.
- Shave at least 6 hours before your sunless tanning session. We always suggest shaving with soap and water only -- no shaving cream, as shaving creams contain lanolin (an oil) that acts as a barrier between the tanning solution and the skin.
- Any waxing should be done 24-48 hours prior to your sunless tanning.
- If skin is dry apply a light water based lotion lightly and evenly to skin at least 2 hours prior to your sunless tan.
- Do not apply oils at any time prior to or after your sunless tan.
- Remove make-up prior to your sunless tanning application for best results.
- After your sunless tan wear dark loose fitting clothing.
- Do not wear wool, nylon, or silk during or after your sunless application and for at least 8 hours as DHA may react with these fabrics and cause staining.
After Your Sunless Application
- Wait at least 6-8 hours after application before you shower. This will allow time for the self-tanning reaction to occur on the skin.
- Don't worry if you see color wash off from your first shower, this is normal. What you see washing off is the immediate cosmetic bronzer and what is left behind is a beautiful sunless tan.
- Do not apply moisturizer until after your first shower, for this could affect the immediate reaction of the sunless solution on the skin and cause streaking.
- Do not exercise until after your first shower.
- Moisturize daily, especially after bathing, to maintain your sunless tan. For best results use a water based moisturizer. Don't use oil based moisturizers, they can cause blotchiness.
- Do not exfoliate skin for at least 48 hours after your sunless tanning application. When you do exfoliate, do so gently and evenly to preserve an even sunless tan.
- If sun-bathing remember to wear a sunscreen. Sunless products do not contain sunscreen. Although you look like you have a tan, you will still need a sunscreen to prevent your skin from burning.